Level Up Your Lettering :: 2-Day In-Person Workshop
As Visual Practitioners we know...
Why is it important to write quickly, legibly, and confidently for and in front of clients?
We spend a lot of time writing in real time during meetings.
Ask yourself... is your writing:
- Do you feel confident when writing live in front of others?
It’s likely you are relying on your handwriting for rapid capture. Yet there is so much more to it including hierarchy, emphasis, and composition.
Who this lettering workshop is designed for:
- Visual practitioners and anyone capturing live during meetings (facilitators, trainers, and those white boarding or flip charting)
- Those who understand the value of legibility and have to perform at speed
- Anyone who wields a marker and wants to feel good about it
What we will cover in this two-day workshop:
- A variety of lettering styles based on round, wedge, flat, and brush nib markers.
- Marker hacks
- Lettering hierarchy and a formula for determining lettering styles for all sizes from titles to small print for both full-size charts and flip chart size capture.
- Practical applications of lettering as a visual practitioner.
This is not a traditional “hand lettering” class you might be thinking of, it’s about increasing the speed of read for your clients.
When we letter together we learn the foundational letterforms and how we can vary them up to make them our own and differentiate ourselves.
In Level Up Your Lettering, I meet you where you are and help you level up your game by building confidence and exploring ways to find your unique style through a series of exercises and exploring a variety of mark-making tools.
Prior to the workshop, I ask participants to fill out a simple lettering self-assessment. I also encourage students to watch the free video series and check out other resources in the Level Up Your Lettering Prep Portal so that we have a common foundation from which to level up and are speaking the same jargon.
The lessons in the free, online course are designed to:
- Help you see the nuances in letterforms
- Gain a better understanding of how each tool is designed to produce a different mark
- Increase hand/eye coordination through pen manipulation: holding the marker at different or specific angles, pressure, and working with speed
In the Level Up Your Lettering in-person workshops, day one is about tools and letterforms. Day two is about the practical application of lettering in your work as a visual practitioner. Day three (optional) is a lettering tour that helps you see letters in your surrounding environment and how to break them down into usable forms in your work.
Additional benefits of attending the workshop:
- Receive a 1:1 virtual lettering session to dive even deeper into your lettering practice ($125 value)
- Gain access to free and special pricing for current and future online lettering courses
- Gain access to the Level Up Alumni Portal. Here I share more lettering tips as they are developed.
For those who are interested in experiencing this workshop in a retreat setting or for those who have taken Level Up and are looking to advance your lettering, Click here to learn more about the retreat being held in London.